Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Head replacement?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Who has done this?

    I've heard people mention about the PM silver eye free head replacements that they sometimes have to replace the limbs because they "don't match." Is this just a PM issue?

    If I sent in a Mattel doll and had her head replaced (for $38), I assume that it would "match" her limbs. Also, do they end up tightening up the limbs since she's all apart anyway, or would that be an additional charge.

    Thanks.

    Nothing has happened to Kit or Addy. This is to help me budget for my potential fixer upper Molly.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member stebbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wanted to say that if you keep watching ebay you may find a great Molly without having to get a 'fixer-upper'. I found a great Molly for my DD who was listed with a buy it now as 'Samantha'. She came in a home made dress but was in absolutely perfect shape (probably never played with). She was in the range of $55 dollars and the shipping was low. You never know what you may find if you keep watching the newly listed buy it nows! - Meg B.

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by jenndon:
    Who has done this?


    If I sent in a Mattel doll and had her head replaced (for $38), I assume that it would "match" her limbs. Also, do they end up tightening up the limbs since she's all apart anyway, or would that be an additional charge.

    Thanks.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, they only replace limbs or tighten limbs on the PMs. (the tightening being a side effect of changing the limbs to match the head) The mattel dolls they just plop a new head on and send it back to you.

  4. #4
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    The doll hospital always replaces just the eyes for me and also tightens the limbs without replacing them free of charge. I've had this done several times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •